The tree rating system is similar to traditional star ratings, however backed with our own knowledge of the industry.
Replacing the five-star rating system allows us to have our own method of grading properties, meaning we can set our own guidelines and equally, our portfolio is not compared to hotel chains. We only list properties with three trees or above.
Put simply, tree rating provide both guests and owners with a simple way of ensuring expectations are always exceeded. The more trees, the better!
Short breaks are a time for family and friends to make memories with the people they love in a place they will call ‘home away from home’.
Becca Hughes, Director
How do we rate a property?
What defines a five tree property?
Properties with a five tree rating will be innately spectacular, offering you an unforgettable experience. Through high-end touches each one offers luxury you wouldn’t get at home. The property will provide outstanding comfort, quality and cleanliness, leaving a lasting impression and ensuring you’ll never want to leave.
What defines a four tree property?
This ‘home away from home’ will be finished to an excellent quality throughout, providing spectacular standards of comfort, cleanliness and small added touches to make you smile.
What defines a three tree property?
The property will be well presented throughout, providing great overall standards of comfort and cleanliness.
All items are mandatory to all properties unless marked otherwise.
- Essential items including milk, tea, coffee, sugar and bread
- Extra touches for example biscuits, jam, bakes etc.
- Christmas decorations
- Dog treats
- Torch with batteries
- First aid kit
- WiFi with access code
- Clear signage with the name of the property as advertised by us
- Good lighting for those arriving at night
- Outdoor bins
- Outdoor furniture with enough seating for the number of guests
- Fridge and freezer (or freezer compartment) with ice trays
- Washing machine with washing machine powder or liquid
- Dishwasher with a few dishwasher tablets
- Full sized cooker with grill and hob, with clean oven gloves
- Kettle, microwave and toaster
- Coffee maker
- Matching: mugs, glass tumblers, wine glasses, large pint glasses
- Champagne flutes
- Matching: side plates, dinner plates, bowls
- Egg cups, teacups and saucers
- Matching: forks, knives, spoons, teaspoons
- Chopping, vegetable, bread and carving knives
- 3 sizes of saucepan, plus a frying pan
- Vegetable dish
- Pie dish
- Oven roasting dish and baking trays
- Casserole dish with lid
- Tongs or serving spoons
- Bottle opener with corkscrew
- Kitchen scissors
- Measuring jug
- Potato peeler and tin opener
- Wooden spoons
- Serving bowls
- Tea, coffee and sugar storage tins
- Condiment set and cafetière
- Bin with lid and bin bags
- Broom, dustpan and brush, mop and bucket and vacuum cleaner
- Cleaning materials
- Washing up bowl with new washing up cloth and scourer, and washing up liquid
- Tea towels
- Iron and ironing board
- Clothes pegs
- Kitchen towels and toilet rolls
We offer retreats, so some of our properties aren’t equipped with a kitchen but those without a kitchen must provide local dining options. For properties that have a kitchen, you can expect the following:
- Table and chairs with enough chairs for the number of guests
- Placemats and coasters for each guests plus an extra for hot dishes
- Units and furniture
- Seating sufficient for the number of guests
- Table or standing lamps
- Waste bin
- Well-fitted window coverings
- Sky or Freeview
- Selection of games in good condition
- Music speaker
If you have an open fire, you must provide a log basket; fireguard starter pack containing kindling wood, matches and logs/coal sufficient for at least 6 hours
- Good quality bed with headboard and mattress with mattress protector
- 2 non-feather pillows per guest with pillow protectors
- Non-feather duvet with duvet cover
- Pillow cases and co-ordinated sheets
- Waste bin
- Co-ordinated curtains or blinds
- Bedside lighting
- Bedside tables
- Dressing table with drawers or chest of drawers
- Plenty of matching coat hangers
- Bath with bath mat
- Shower, either over the bath or separately to the bath, with shower screen
- Towel rail
- Sink with mirror
- Toilet with toilet paper holder equipped with full toilet roll
- Toilet brush and holder
- Covered waste bin (non-flammable) with bin bag)
- Lock on the door
- 1 bath towel per guest and 1 hand towel per guest
- Toothbrush container
- Hand soap
- Provide child friendly fencing surrounding the garden and all external areas
- All pond areas, swimming pools and hot tubs must be secure to ensure a child cannot access without permission
- Stair gates, a high chair and a cot
- Dog-friendly fencing around the garden to keep the dog enclosed (if this cannot be guaranteed, this must be explicitly stated to both us and guests)
- Stair gates
- Couch covers, bed protectors or covers
- Bowls for food and water
- Towels and blankets
- Map with local walks